Macbook Pro 13" 2011 Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amiayn, Jun 2, 2011.

1. amiayn macrumors newbie

Hi all. I got my Macbook Pro 13" 3 days ago. After calibrating the battery, my current maximum charge/current capacity decreased from 5634 to 5396 and it also fluctuates from 5400 to 5368. Is the mAh changing constantly normal?

Why did the mAh decrease after calibrating?

How can I increase it to its maximum charge/maximum design capacity of 5770?

Also coconut battery says my Macbook pro is 4 weeks old when I bought it on 31st May (3 days old)?

this is my details:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's perfectly normal for your battery health to fluctuate. Calibration makes your reading more accurate. The age of your Mac is when it was made, not when you bought it. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

as for the capacity, it normally goes up and down and that application isn't 100 percent accurate all of the time, don't worry about it. if you purchased your mbp refurbished then that would explain the age of it.

hope this helps.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It has nothing to do with being refurbished. Read my earlier post.

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

my apologies to the op, i thought it had to do with being previously used rather than the date that it was made.

sorry about that.

6. amiayn thread starter macrumors newbie

pls don't tell me it's refurbished:( I got it from an apple shop and paid the full price...

7. amiayn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. It's just I don't think I'm getting the 7 hours as advertised, I could maybe get 5 hours thereabouts with non-flash web surfing and no other applications at 50% brightness... so I'm wondering if I calibrated the battery correctly (but I don't think so as I followed the instructions at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490) or if I bought a spoilt one and shld exchange it.

8. mtip macrumors member

The age starts to count from the manufacturing date, not purchase date. Since it shows the age as 4 weeks and you say you bought it 3 days ago, this only means that the laptop was just standing in the warehouse or the store for almost a month before you bought it. It's not refurbished.

9. amiayn thread starter macrumors newbie

is that bad?

10. mtip macrumors member

No.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

4 weeks = 28 days. op bought it 3 days ago. that means it was 25 days old when he bought it. that is pretty fast!

that means they manufactured it (in china?) and shipped it to the store within that window. it was probably in the store's inventory for a few days as well. i doubt it was sitting in a warehouse for too long. it sounds totally reasonable to me.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there is nothing wrong with your battery. First, the time remaining indicator is an ever-changing estimate, based on the power demands of your Mac at any given point in time. Calibration only makes your readings more accurate. It doesn't give you more time on a charge. How much time you get on a charge is dependent on many factors. Read all of the Battery FAQ, as it addresses all of these questions.