Macbook pro 13" (2011)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jonessssa, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jonessssa macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I'm new here so if i post it in the wrong section. I'm very sorry(;

If anyone can help me solve this problem, it would be very great.

I brought a new mbp13 2011 2.3 gh. (its been 8 days now)
    The first day i got it, it run smoothly. I was very happy.
    But the second day, i used it to listen to music, do homework and chat.
    Third day. i didnt listen to music...so i heard a clicking noise around the keyboard (i think) ....I have no idea what it is...but it would appear every few second.....sometimes it stop for a minute but keeps going. at first it didn't bother me...but now its getting annoying.....especially if i don't feel like listening to music and just want to do my research paper.
    and today the fans started coming on (nonstop)...you could hear it quite well but not everyone can hear it,. u have to be the one using it. but the clicking sounds still on. If anyone can tell me whats wrong with it, that would make me feel less worry. I don't want to pay 1500 and something will happen to my laptop later....(even though i have applecare).

I'm thinking about bringing it to the apple store and ask them whats wrong.
    I'm still under the 14 days, so you guys think i should exchange it? would it effect my iwork, since i already install it on the macbook? bc i dont want to purchase a new one.

please answer,,,,this would help me out alot. thanks (;

2. superericla macrumors 6502

The clicking noise could be your hard drive failing.

3. jonessssa thread starter macrumors newbie

i heard about that too, but should I bring it to the apple store, to exchange a new one? i'm so mad, its a brand new laptop too.

4. superericla macrumors 6502

I suggest bringing it in to the apple store and letting them have a look. If it's just a hard drive issue they'll switch it out for you.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Sometimes they just have a glitch. I would take it to the apple store and have them check it out.

6. jonessssa thread starter macrumors newbie

aah i hope they help me exchange or do something to makeit stop