Macbook Pro 13 2012 DVD Stuck

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JAllen0203, Nov 14, 2013.

1. JAllen0203 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me on this. My DVD is stuck in my macbook. It trys to eject it but the dvd does not come out and just starts playing again.

Everything I have read on a stuck dvd, the dvd does not even try to eject. Mine trys to put it out but it just doesn't eject.

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Hold down eject while booting? Since you say "it keeps playing" doesn't sound like you've tried that.

3. JAllen0203 thread starter macrumors newbie

It trys to eject, you can hear it and everything like it is about to come out, then it just stops and goes back in.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Well, my next tried and true method is doublestick tape on a tongue depressor.

No applecare left? They'll usually cover this

5. JAllen0203 thread starter macrumors newbie

No applecare.:(

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Couple of tricks that have worked for me: As an aside just so you know I have 100's of these at work..

When booting hold down the option screen until you get to the drive select prompt. THEN use eject to try to eject the disc.

I've seen times where the slot is actually deformed and there's actually a thin rubber strip at the opening. Sometimes something sticky gets there. Run the corner of a credit card or something similar from one end to the other to make sure the slot is free. It takes VERY little resistance of the disc coming out before the superdrive will try to pull it back in to reload it.

Beyond that it's the scotch doublestick tape on the tongue depressor trick and hit eject. You're not looking for brute force, just to help it back out of the slot.