MacBook Pro 13 (2013) goes Sleep Mode randomly!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aelio, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Aelio macrumors newbie

Good Evening. Im a new member so please excuse me if i've posted in a wrong section.

So, i have a MacBook Pro 13 (2013 Model) Quad Core with 8GB RAM and the classic Intel Graphic 4000.
    I think you understand the model of my laptop now. Well, two days ago i opened my MacBook and when the message Welcome (of Windows 7 Ultimate) gone then i've get a black screen. Everythink seems to work but i have no screen. In safe mode i have no problem of course. Then i restart my laptop to OS X Maverick and i log in normally. After a few seconds my laptop goes to Sleep Mode randomly. I'm writing a text or i'm surfing in Mozilla or whatever it sleeps. And my settings in both Windows or OS X are set to no sleep even if i use battery or cable. I'm really sad and i have my laptop 1 year. I've been in Apple today but i have Service meeting at next Friday. Please help me if you know something about it. Thank you and have a nice day.

2. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

Are you tripping the magnetic sensor on the left hand side of the MBP? It is used to tell the computer when the display is closed, and thus when it can safely go to sleep.

3. Aelio thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm....

First of all thank you for answering. Did you mean the little circle button with the 8 little green LEDS? I have no idea where the Magnetic Sensor is.

4. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

No that is the battery indicator

The magnet is on the top side on the left
    I don't know where but it is somewhere on the left side (on top of case, not on side of case where ports are)

Are you holding any magnet or anything on the left side? Do you have a magnetic ring or something?

5. dangernolan macrumors newbie

Solved my problem.

Thanks Aelio for the outside of the box suggestion. My macbook pro was constantly switching on and off, I could not figure out why. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the laptop and everything was configured properly.

I read your suggestion and boom, light on moment. My wallet (that I keep in my left front pocket) has a little magnetic clasp. That is what has been causing these problems. The wallet sits right underneath the magsafe charge port when the laptop is sitting on my lap. Thanks a million.