Macbook Pro 13" 2016 speaker output quality between Touch & Non Touch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sapibobo, Nov 23, 2016.

1. sapibobo macrumors newbie

sapibobo

Hallo,

i am sorry if its has been asked before, but can anyone confirm the difference of sound output between Touchbar and non-Touchbar model of 13" 2016 MBP? Which one is better and louder?
    Ifixit show different speaker layout, different hardware and it seems that speaker hole (the real hole, not the dotted ones) are smaller on the touchbar model. Make me wonder whether the output quality is the same or not.

Thanks.

2. SaddleSC, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016

SaddleSC macrumors member

I was just logging in to post a similar question. I have both the TB version and the NTB version of the 13" MBP. I am in the process of trying to decide which one to keep and which one to give to my wife:)

The speakers sound quite a bit different between the two and I am finding the speakers on the NTB to sound more pleasant. The sound is more unified and the bass tones are better. On the TB version the sound is more "congested" and the mids/highs seem to be a little more strident and less smooth. The sound also seems less precise on the TB version. The bass is also lacking on my TB version.

The NTB version just sounds better to my ears with richer mid tones and more low end. In fact, the sound is the only thing pushing me toward the NTB version. I really love everything else about the TB version, but the speakers are quite a bit different between my two particular units and I much prefer the smooth sound of the NTB to the harsher, brighter sound of the TB.

I hope this helps...