MacBook Pro 13' 2016TB keyboard issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rlsikosek, Jan 20, 2017.

1. rlsikosek macrumors newbie

Hi,

I got the new MacBook Pro 2016 with Touch Bar. I am quite happy with the battery and the looks in general. But I am not so happy with the keyboard. My keyboard sometimes makes a high pitching sound. It only happens with caps lock and e. Also the keys on the left side feel spongy, and not clicky at all. Because this keys feel spongy, I always doubt if I stroke the key or not. I read that a lot of people have this sort of problems with this keyboard, so I am not going to contact Apple. The chance that I get a new MacBook with exactly the same problems is quite high; as I've seen people who are now waiting for their 5th replacement. I think the quality control of Apple on this new MacBook hasn't been quite good. Maybe I am going to call Apple for a replacement in half a year.

2. Sanpete macrumors 68020

I think it's worth trying for a replacement, especially if you can try it out in an Apple store. What you see online isn't representative of how the keyboards usually are; people search for problems they have and then add to the discussion. My keyboard's fine.

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm