Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eckt0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2020
Has anyone had an issue with their trackpad sitting uneven in the trackpad recess?

I noticed it within the first 10 minutes of using this new MacBook Pro. My finger accidentally slid from the trackpad onto the palm rest because there was no bump or resistance. I discovered the left side of the trackpad offers the normal height difference, but the right side sits at the same level as the palm area.

I feel crazy taking the computer back because of this, but this laptop is brand new, and Apple's quality control seems to have been questionable the last few years.

Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone have any advice?

Ultra3

macrumors member
May 4, 2020
These 2020 Mbp's have been garbage for quality control, I returned mine yesterday. Wonder how long it'll take before they start being made properly.

Reactions: Yurk

katmeef

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
These 2020 Mbp's have been garbage for quality control, I returned mine yesterday. Wonder how long it'll take before they start being made properly.

Fortunately mine is flawless, after waiting 19 days I would have been quite upset otherwise.

katmeef

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
I would almost bet money that you find something wrong with it soon.

Two days into ownership and nothing yet thankfully. That said I'm not looking for minor imperfections, I'm just using and enjoying the machine. If I have any major problems in the return window I'd just order another, otherwise if anything comes up I have AppleCare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.