Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coldcloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Germany
Hello MacRumors forum I've found on google.de.
Unfortunately, I dumped beer on my macbook pro 15th now functionally nothing more than just the MagSafe led is very little green, and somewhere its lighntig normality green by 2 pictures I took from the logic board

can you tell me what I should run best now? I would clean the logic board first with isopropanol but then as I go to?

I hope you can help me

Thank you very much

gjdzch9o_jpg.htm

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Step 1: Quit drinking.
Step 2: Use the money you save from drinking to buy a new laptop.

Tip: Keep this laptop around as a paperweight and a reminder not to drink around your laptop ever again.

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Well, if you tried to turn on or charge the laptop after spilling beer over it, then you may be out of luck :(

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I'm not exactly clear if you tried to power the system prior to drying it out but the conventional wisdom is if you spill a liquid on your laptop, immediately unplug it, remove battery, etc. Then work on drying it out. Then try to plug it back in.

It sounds like your logic board is fried so you'd need to get that replaced, if possible. Sounds like an expensive fix.

dazmanuk

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Well, if you tried to turn on or charge the laptop after spilling beer over it, then you may be out of luck :(

..this. From the pictures it looks like you have either left it for quite a while, and it's caught dust particles, or has started corroding.

Try cleaning the board with a toothbrush and a solution of alcohol and water (with no power/battery attached to it obvs) and leave it to dry for a few days. I'm more inclined to say that it's a brick, though.:(

rikbrown

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Step 1: Quit drinking.
Step 2: Use the money you save from drinking to buy a new laptop.

Tip: Keep this laptop around as a paperweight and a reminder not to drink around your laptop ever again.

Not a very helpful reply, was it? We all have accidents like knocking drinks over, alcoholic or not!

Coldcloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Germany
many thanks I've cleaned the logic board now off the MagSafe led orange when the battery and without battery drinist green but he does not want angehenhat anyone an idea?

Coldcloud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Germany
mac

Sun solved the problem-macbook working again, it wa have broken the bank-powerFlex am 5 & 6 screws with a screwdriver and shorted the macbook goes up again without fail ask for PN happy to help write

Thank you very much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.