Macbook pro 13" accessories

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nichod, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Nichod macrumors regular

I just purchased the Macbook pro 13" and I'm looking to keep my new purchase safe and sound. Specifically I'm looking into a good sleeve for it. A backback (saddle preferred) that can hold it, some clothes and a nook. And any protectors I should get. I know about the wrist and mouse protectors, I'm just not sure which ones I should buy.

I don't want to pay a fortune on the sleeve or backback. Not looking for some fancy design bag, just something moderately stylish and that fits my requirements above.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't want to ruin your purchase or anything, but new MBP is just around the corner. It is going to be due in matter of 1-2 weeks. Why not wait and exchange for the newer model to be more future proof?

3. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

IMO trade it in and wait. If this was a month or two ago it wouldn't be as bad:eek:

5. Srirama macrumors member

Capdase

I have used capdase products over the years,and they seem to be one of the best quality money can buy.
    I have bought a neoprene sleeve form them,and its Brilliant.
    My macbook pro 13" fell about 4 feet while inside the bag,onto the ground and not even a scratch! :D
    also some of their other products are great too,i think they offer hard cases too.
    Just google Capdase products for mac,and you'll know what i am taking about ;)

6. Nichod thread starter macrumors regular

Capdase products for mac were kinda hard to find. The website took forever to load for some reason. I'll have to check out that later. I've heard of incase. Thought about them. That of course is out of stock. Thanks guys!

Anyone else?

7. Nichod thread starter macrumors regular

8. Nichod thread starter macrumors regular

Again even from a different computer and network that site took forever to load and browse. Thanks for the suggestion, but what I saw case wise wasn't that appealing to me.

9. samk8000 macrumors regular

samk8000

10. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Booq is the way to go. Zipper doesn't scratch your MBP, good price, and of course stylish.

11. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Oops :eek:

12. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

A third vote for Booq. Vyper XS3 or Taipan Skin S.

13. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

14. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

+1,000,000,000

15. Apple OC, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you really do not need any of that stuff ... a wise purchase would be an external HD for Time Machine.

16. jgould macrumors regular

I picked up an MBP yesterday (Yes, I know there is an imminent refresh, there was one after I picked up my first MacBook too, I didn't care. It's really going to depend on what changes between this machine and the new one if I go and try to exchange them...) And the only other things I bought were the wireless keyboard and Magic Trackpad. Honestly, I don't mind the keyboard and the trackpad that are built into the MBP and I will have pain in my wrists after using the wireless pair. I'm thinking about taking them back and picking up a drive for Time Machine that I can dedicate to the MacBook...

17. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

You really couldn't wait JUST a few days?

Even if you didn't like the new ones you could have bought the current one for cheaper even.

18. Sarngate macrumors regular

I will NEVER understand why people would buy a Macbook knowing full well that a refresh is right around the corner. If you wait it's a win win, you can either get the current model for cheaper or buy the new model. I just do not get it.

19. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

I think it depends on your needs. I got the older model because you can remove the battery and you have a express card slot. I mean these batteries take for ever to charge. Why not just pop a fresh one in.

Tucano Second Skin Sleeve are nice~

http://www.adorama.com/SearchSite/Default.aspx?searchinfo=tucano second skin