macbook pro 13'' advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NYRangers94, Jul 5, 2009.

1. NYRangers94 macrumors newbie

NYRangers94

ok im going to college in the fall and i decided to get the 13'' MB Pro. im stuck on weather i should stay with the 250GB hard drive or just upgrade to the 320GB hard drive. also would the apple store physically have the 320GB Macbook pro 13'' in stock at the store? and finally im using my college discount. now do you have to show them anything at the store and/or do i have to do anything should i order this online? sorry for the long post and thanks for your help.:)

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Typically Apple does not carry custom order computers in their stores. And if you were to buy it in store they ask you to show your student ID card to prove you are a student. Personally I'd get the 250GB hard drive and spend the money you saved on an external hard drive instead.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.101 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Whether you want the 250 or 320 is up to you; do you have a lot of media that you need to store? 320 is a BTO option and will not be available in the store; it is also a very simple replacement and you could do it yourself to save the dough. If you buy in store, you will be required to furnish a photo-id from your uni; if you buy online they randomly request verification (though much more often during the back-to-school promo due to higher amounts of fraud).

4. NYRangers94 thread starter macrumors newbie

NYRangers94

i was thinking about that actually with the external hard drive. i have maybe 2,000 songs and maybe 8 movies

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have ~15 000 songs and dozens of movies. Internal HD will always be too small, that's why I have 3 external. Get 250GB and 1TB external

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean currently, I doubt you would fill up the 250GB, unless they are ripped in some sort of lossless and hi-def.

7. NYRangers94 thread starter macrumors newbie

NYRangers94

one more thing, is there anyway that i can throw my music from my ipod into itunes? i didnt back up my music and i need to put the songs onto itunes

8. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

never pay apple exorbitant amounts of money to get a bigger hard drive. If you're really concerned about space buy a 500 gb hard drive online for 90 bucks.

and for the discount, just bring your college id and you should be good. If not, your college email account info should be enough.

9. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

There is senuti, although it is shareware. The trial allows you to transfer 1000 songs though.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean, it's not exorbitant sums of money, any more...