MacBook Pro 13" Airport issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gercas, Mar 24, 2013.

1. gercas macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Ive done some searching but cant seem to get any advice.

I had some intermittent issues with my wifi. It would work for 10/15 mins then stop functioning. Restarting the computer would rectify but occasionally it would say "no hardware installed"

I brought into apple, still in warranty and they said they would replace the airport. Get a phone call to say liquid damage, argh!

Anyway, about 8months ago I spilled a small amount of coffee on the keyboard. I thought I had got away with it! Anyway, apple are completely within their rights to refuse warranty.

The thing is, the area that the coffee hit, is around 3 drops and is nowhere near the airport card. Not to mention I had zero issues over the 8month period. I have since cleaned it up.

I kind of think that the coffee didnt damage the wifi. I have checked all the connectors etc, as I still think it must be shorting itself(which explains why restarting solves the prob for a period).

Anyone any ideas? Alternatively, can you guide me towards a wifi dongle that would work well? I cant find many that are mac compatible. My macbook is from late 2011 and 13"

thank you! Im a poor student and cant bare to tell my parents Ive damaged my mac, hoping for a simple solution! As nothing else has been wrong for 8 months bar this new wifi issue....

2. irishelysia923 macrumors newbie

Same problem here! well no liquid damage but basically keeps saying no airport card installed :( i just posted a new thread didn't see yours. if I have any luck I'll let you konw. Did you try resetting the PRAM and all that? Some people had luck w/ that. And massaging the black piece behind the keyboard. Good luck let me know if you figure anything out.