MacBook Pro 13" and BT HomeHub2 connection issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tejaykay, Jan 3, 2011.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Hi All,

I finally persuaded my girlfriend to purchase the late-2010 13" MBP. She loves the thing but has been experiencing a lot of issues with internet connectivity at home.

We were initially going to replace the unit after speaking to a Genius, but then I discovered that my late-2008 15" MBP was recreating the same problems, and now thing it may be an issue with the router in her house. The signal will drop, and eventually the Airport will re-connect after 10mins, but say there is no internet connection. Occassionaly, switching the airport off and on will solve this. She states that she can lose internet connection for hours at a time. In the same house, there is a PowerBook G4, Toshiba Satellite, eee PC and another laptop which all do not experience any connection issues - even whilst her MBP is down.

In an attempt to isolate the problem before returning it, I have been using her laptop around my house with an O2 Wireless Router and have not lost connection as yet. Is anyone aware of issues with the BT HomeHub routers and newer Macs?

This is very frustrating as she has only just moved to Macs on my advice, and says that her new laptop will never work at home. I'm sure you can understand the problem! Any thoughts on how to progress?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

2. tejaykay thread starter macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Apologies, I should have also mentioned that the HomeHub doesn't appear to lose connection on my iPad or iPhone.

Thanks again,

Tim