Macbook Pro 13" Backlight Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andykndr, Aug 4, 2012.

1. andykndr macrumors newbie

Hi, first post to the forum. I have a question about the settings of battery vs. plugged in, with the backlight. As I understand it, you can set two different brightnesses of the backlight, one for battery powered, and one for charging, so that when you are running on the battery, the backlight gets dimmer.

Well, in my case, a couple of different things are happening. Sometimes, if i change the lighting while plugged in, and then unplug the power chord, the light stays the same, as opposed to lowering, like it should. Another difficulty I have is that both backlight settings reset randomly. Like I'll be using battery, and it'll be dimmish, but then once I plug in my macbook, nothing changes. So I hit the increase brightness button, and its lower than last time I set it.

So, I hope all that made sense, but I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or do I have a faulty macbook backlight memory thing, or what? Any answers are much appreciated!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I don't think anything is wrong with your laptop, that's pretty much how mine works.