MacBook Pro 13" battery capacity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paperless, Nov 23, 2009.

1. paperless macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

I have my MBP since last tuesday and during the first and second day the battery was around +/- 5500 mAh (even over the regular capacity) but after i calibrated it the capacity went down to 97% and after staying in 97% for a couple of days i decided to calibrate it again just to see if i could get it to 100% again and now it's down to 94% :(

Is this something i should worry about? I did the calibration exactly as it says on Apple's support website but still... no help.

Thanks.

2. Azathoth macrumors 6502a

Margin of error for those measurements is a few percent. dont worry about it.

3. Paul Lee macrumors newbie

I have same issue for my new mac book pro 13.3

I bought it a week ago. Then I found out my battery has been draining until 4892mAh. So I called Apple Service then they replied me "It's normal"

But what does that mean? In light of other users' references in here, it is abnormal I think.

Does anyone can answer me how I can fix this problem? Is it possible to me pull up this capacity up to 5400mAh around?:(

Thanks in advance.

4. fluffyx macrumors 6502

On a new battery, sometimes the full charge capacity is greater than "designed capacity", and sometimes it's less.

Unless it's a big difference (80% heath or worse), Apple considers it "within specification."

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The battery percent etc is only approx. So unless its by 10% or something its nothing to worry about and the battery is finy:D