MacBook pro 13" battery does not actually decrease?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nobita, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Nobita macrumors 6502

I notice that even though the white MacBook is not updated, the site says that it now has 7 hours of battery using the new battery test.

Does this mean that the battery does not really decreased, but apple just decided to market it with lower number in order to give better estimate?

2. Kildeer macrumors member

I noticed the same thing. Perhaps they were overrating their own batteries before and have gone down to a more realistic level now.

3. Nobita thread starter macrumors 6502

But I heard friends get around 9-10 hours doing uni stuff. Maybe they decide to underplay battery life now.

4. wisty macrumors regular

The new MBA gets ~10 hours (if you dim the screen), but only advertises ~5 (I think).

The old standard was under very unrealistic conditions. 10 hours meant a dim screen, no music, maybe not even typing. The new battery life seems to be more realistic.

You might be able to get 10+ hours on the new MBP, maybe more than the old ones. I'm guessing that they decreased the number so people are pleasantly surprised with the performance, not conned by some BS marketing hype.

Sandy Bridge should last *much* longer than C2D. Throw in an SSD (which you should be doing anyway, either Apple or 3rd party), dim the screen, and it may be one of the longest lasting laptops money can buy.