Macbook Pro 13" dent rempair?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bat9th, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Bat9th macrumors newbie

Hi. I had my Macbook Pro next to me and was grabbing for a video game controller and dropped it on my computer, a tad left of the track pad. It left a dimple like dent in it...

Does anyone know if and how much Apple would repair it for? I am surprised and frustrated at the same time. The controller fell about a foot. I have been trying to baby this for about 7 months now... only to see this happen.

Thanks.

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Due to the unibody design, the entire top case would have to be replace, which I pretty sure Apple doesn't do. It is easier for them to just give a new computer (assuming that the damage prevents the correct functioning of the unit). Unfortunately, your damage is not even worth looking at to them (unless you get a highly unlikely really really really nice Apple rep).

You can buy a new top case for about $110 online, but it will void your warranties. http://www.etechparts.com/Palm-Rest-and-Keyboard-for-13-Unibody-MacBook-Pro-p/822-2293.htm

I can sympathize, though. After almost a year of being careful, a desk lamp toppled over and left a dime size dent in my left speaker grill. I was angry but got over it after a week and accepted it as a "battle scar" lol.