Macbook Pro 13 display versus Macbook display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pinsrw, Jun 24, 2010.

1. pinsrw macrumors regular

Hi all,

Has anyone done a serious analysis yet comparing the screens of the MBP 13 and the Macbook? They look different to me in the store, in particular the Macbook's looks a little yellowy to me. I guess the definitive answer would be to look at the manufacturer & model info for each and if they're the same then the question is settled. But my informal assessment is that they're different screen and that the MBP's more accurate colors.

But surely some magazine has analyzed them scientifically?

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Which model of MacBook are you exactly talking about? The "old" ones, which were once offered in black, or the new white unibody MacBook?

The former has a CCFL backlighting, while the new one and the unibody MacBook Pros have LED backlighting. This is probably part of the cause of the difference.

There must also be different panels, but I don't know anything about them.

3. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

Not sure about that, but with all the different display brands out there it could be possible.

4. jmazzamj macrumors regular

A friend of mine has a MacBook late '09 and I have a '10 MBP and the displays do look different to me. A lot different.

I'd be curious to know the real difference in color reproduction and to read a comparison between them.