Macbook Pro 13" durable enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dk-fatale, Aug 22, 2010.

1. dk-fatale macrumors newbie

Hello!

For the past 4 years I've been using a HP Pavillion dv6000 notebook, which turned out to be really crappy, and I was never able to use photoshop or any video editing software without it heating up and shutting down. Now it's gotten to a point where it shuts down even by surfing the web.

So now I'm thinking of buying the 2010 Macbook Pro 13" baseline model. This would be my first Macbook. I would mainly use it for surfing, email, downloading music/movies, photoshop, videoediting (quite light, I mostly make 3-4 min fanvids for YouTube).

Do you think that it would be able to handle these tasks with ease without heating up and shutting down? Or would I need to go to the i5, 15" model?

Money isn't a major issue, but I do care about it being lightweight and easy to carry around.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes. Stuff it with as much RAM as it can take and it'll be fine. I've never heard of a MacBook shutting down due to normal usage (and I consider the usage you described as normal).

3. Covart Guest

Price no object and you want the 13" for portability:

Simple then.

MacBook Pro 13" 2.66Ghz. OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD. 8 GB RAM. Speed and application usage won't ever be an issue.