Macbook Pro 13'' Early 2011 Power Button not responding properly after spilled drink.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Damian.De, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Damian.De, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013

Damian.De macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone :)
    I've spilled beer on my mac last december. I've reassembled pretty much the whole mac and cleaned the motherboard with Servisol (isopropyl alcohol) also applied new thermal compound. The mac is working (if turned on by unplugging the battery), however the power button doesn't work (sometimes it changes the display brightness).

The keyboard was disassembled and cleaned and everything else apart from left shift and power button appears to be working on the keyboard. The keyboard was disassembled soon after the spillage, which was few months ago.

I've forgot, does the power button comes with the keyboard or as an individual module? Does any one have any suggestions regards to the power button? ...Also after an attempt to turn the mac on, the administrator account disappeared. I can only access the guest account, my main account doesn't even appear on the launch. I can still see the administrator's files, which are locked. Is there a way to get back the account or access the files from the computer?
    Many Thanks. Damian

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Can you explain more about how you turn the computer ON if the power button is not working?

3. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

maybe he has it on sleep mode