MacBook Pro 13 (Early 2011) screen issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jazzatazz, Jan 5, 2015.

1. jazzatazz macrumors newbie

My MacBook started having issues with the screen soon after the installation is OS X Yosemite. when waking it from sleep, only half of the lock screen would show. The other half is gree and black horizontal lines. Sometimes all I had to do was log in but other time I had to shut it down. In November, I took it to the apple store and they replaced the logic board and the wifi and Bluetooth modules. Just a few days later it started having the screen issue again. I took it to the Apple Store again and they replaced the display module, logic board and one of the ram sticks. The other day the MacBook shut off and started beeping which I found out indicated a ram issue. The repeat repair was in the beginning of December and today the screen issue came back for the first time since then. I'm not sure this is the same widespread problem as the 15 in and 17 in MBPs with discrete graphics cards but this is certainly very frustrating.

Macbook Pro 13 inch Early 2011 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Attached Files:

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I would take it back to Apple and if they deem that there is in fact hardware problems, I would ask for a replacement computer (if still under warranty).

3. aipt32 macrumors newbie

Same here

You are not alone! I have exactly the same issue!
    I dosn't happen so often like you say but sometimes.
    Hope its only a software bug!

4. thebro20 macrumors regular

I'm sorry to tell you but this is the infamous graphics card failure that affects mostly all 2011 macbook pros.

5. StockDC2 macrumors regular

Except OP's is a 13"...

6. thebro20 macrumors regular

sorry should have paid more attention :eek:
    since the issue started soon after the software upgrade id say a fresh install should do the trick.

7. Kiwis4me macrumors newbie

Kiwis4me

Hello from Germany ,

Disable or delete Trim-Enabler bevore You update to Yosemite....:cool:
    This was my Solution!

pray, it works :D