MacBook Pro 13" fan noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pennyrulor, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Pennyrulor macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

A few days ago i bought a new MacBook Pro 13" because my old white Unibody was too slow. If i work on the Macbook just as normal i can hear the fan making noise like "sssssssssssssssssss". My white macbook was totally quiet and i never heard any noise expect i viewed some flash movies.

Now when i start up the Macbook i can hear the fan all time ( Istat says its at 2000 RPM ). I just wanted to know if this is normal or if the Pro's are always louder than the white MacBooks ?

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

My MBP 13" is darn near silent under normal basic internet surfing, and as long as it's on a table where it's well ventilated. If it's on a surface that won't let it "breathe" the fan kicks on and you definitely here it. Still quieter than any PC laptop I've ever had.

But when I'm doing some heavier work, like recording/mixing audio in Pro Tools, and driving an external firewire800 drive, the fan stays on pretty much the whole time.

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

4. Pennyrulor thread starter macrumors newbie

It could also be the HD. You can hear the HD in the lower right. But there is a louder sound coming from under the Keyboard.

This could also be the sound of the HD but i cant exactly point it out.

You can only hear it when everything in the room is quiet and you are working on the MacBook.

So this is normal with the new MacBooks from 2010 ?