Macbook Pro 13" Gaming Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matthew011029, Jan 13, 2011.

1. matthew011029 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I bought a Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz, and I have installed BootCamp with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to be able to play some PC Games

The problem is, everytime I open the program, it runs smooth for a minute or two, then it started lagging, after quite a while it will run smooth again.

This problem is annoying and I want some way to get rid of it, because the lagging time varies with the games, some will last 20 Minutes, some will last for 40 minutes. It have been annoying me for years but as I play some new games like Black Ops, it lags for a long period of time

Appreciate your help

Thank You

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You've probably checked this, but that's how my old PC laptop would behave whenever Norton or Trend Micro was running a scan.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

1) Black Ops is a terribly coded and optimized game; it lags on my Macbook Pro (overclocked) and on my 360.
    2) You shouldn't be playing games on integrated graphics. No matter how well branded it is, you'll still get loads of lag.
    3) 2.26 GHz is a rather slow C2D speed, and this is also bottlenecking your performance.