Macbook Pro 13" HDD vs Macbook Air 13" SSD 2010 Speed Test

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SamTheeGeek, Nov 22, 2010.

1. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

That's like comparing a VW Bug to a Porche 911, I still do not understand what the point is.

Maybe try comparing the MBP with an SSD to the MBA that would make more sense.

3. SteneDave macrumors member

Nice ! Not going to be lazy to turn the macbook off anymore (and then to turn it back on, you know... :p) I never turned off my MBP because of this, just kept in sleep mode all the time.... MBA rocks :apple:

4. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I have both of these computers and even though the MBP starts up slower there's no way it starts as slow as yours. I'd recommend zapping your PRAM or going into preferences and reset your default start-up drive. It was definitely searching for a start-up volume.

5. lzbones macrumors newbie

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

My MBP is a lot faster than yours...

Yours took almost more than a min. Mine does it in less than 40 seconds. Reset your PRAM.

7. radicalcentrist macrumors member

I just picked up my maxed-out 13" Air this afternoon, and the first thing I did was unwrap the power cord and make sure it reached to my couch so I could work on setting it up.

And then I realized that I didn't need it.

I keep looking at the time remaining on the battery indicator and looking twice because I've been surfing the web for an hour and it says 8h53m remaining.

The fan only kicked on when I was copying 25GB of files from my 15" MBP over wifi.

Wow, this thing is amazing. Just amazing.