Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryno92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Long time lurker here... anyways, how much do you think I could get for the high-end 13 in. early 2011 Macbook Pro with Apple Care expiring in July 31, 2014? I'm currently asking for $1400. Is that too little?

Battery life is excellent. Rarely unplugged it which is why I want to just get a desktop instead... no scratches at all.

Any advice is appreciated!

Grumbles

Aug 2, 2011
Long time lurker here... anyways, how much do you think I could get for the high-end 13 in. early 2011 Macbook Pro with Apple Care expiring in July 31, 2014? I'm currently asking for $1400. Is that too little?

Battery life is excellent. Rarely unplugged it which is why I want to just get a desktop instead... no scratches at all.

Any advice is appreciated!

The high-end 13" late 2011 is available as a refurb for $1,269, which would make me think $1,400 is too much, not too little - even with AppleCare. Does it have some other upgrade that would make it worth more (SSD, extra RAM, etc.)?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD314LL/A

MacVibe

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2009
The $1,269 on the refurb store might take a bit of a dive in a couple of weeks if the rumored macbook refresh happens at the WWDC.

bryno92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for the replies. What do you think a good price would be? I have not done any upgrades to it.

goRoostr

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
Philadelphia Suburbs
Thanks for the replies. What do you think a good price would be? I have not done any upgrades to it.

Depends on where you are selling it? Craigslist or eBay? Craigslist I always list it for less because you get cash, and dont have to pay selling fees( and its much less of a hassle). Stuff tends to go for a tad more on eBay, but you get fees. Look up similar models on either platform and see how much they are selling for. Its though selling anything over $1,000 on C List, people are skeptical dealing with that much cash. Best bet is to list it on eBay auction and let the marketplace decide what its worth...

bryno92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
I ended up selling it for $1,100. I figured I better sell this thing before the new ones come out. Especially if the new ones get a retina display, the price would have taken a nose dive.

It hurts selling it, I'll truly miss it but I just wasn't getting much out of it. I was using my iPhone while traveling more than the laptop. I also could not handle traveling with such an expensive machine either.

With the money, I'm going to be building a gaming machine. I'll miss OSX but honestly I wasn't getting much from it. Sure, it's pretty but I find it somewhat slow. This HP Pavilion DV1000 (can now be found for $20 online) could open Office faster than the MacBook could. (I understand I could install Windows on it)

The thing that I'm going to miss the most, was using the trackpad with OSX Lion. That was truly an amazing experience. However, it's not worth the price premium to me.

3dflyboy1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2011
California, USA
I ended up selling it for $1,100. I figured I better sell this thing before the new ones come out. Especially if the new ones get a retina display, the price would have taken a nose dive.

It hurts selling it, I'll truly miss it but I just wasn't getting much out of it. I was using my iPhone while traveling more than the laptop. I also could not handle traveling with such an expensive machine either.

With the money, I'm going to be building a gaming machine. I'll miss OSX but honestly I wasn't getting much from it. Sure, it's pretty but I find it somewhat slow. This HP Pavilion DV1000 (can now be found for $20 online) could open Office faster than the MacBook could. (I understand I could install Windows on it)

The thing that I'm going to miss the most, was using the trackpad with OSX Lion. That was truly an amazing experience. However, it's not worth the price premium to me.

That's what I'm doing, and I had the exact same thoughts about the price premium. I have parts arriving tomorrow for my custom desktop, and I just bought an iPad from a member here. I'm all set! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.