MacBook Pro 13 in overheating?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FCzenit, Jun 28, 2009.

1. FCzenit macrumors member

Whats the normal operating temp of a MPB 13 with just using safari and ichat over wifi. SMC fan control shows (57C)137F and i just want to know if thats normal

2. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

that sounds normal, my iMac runs around that temp, can remember my Powerbook G4 also running about 140F. don't worry about it.

3. 11800506 macrumors 65816

That's perfectly fine. On average, my 15" Macbook Pro runs between 40 degrees Celsius to 50 degrees. You really only have to worry about it overheating when it gets into the upper 80s and 90s.

4. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Yep, pretty normal - the only things that one could worry about being damaged at that tempurature is he hard drive, and it should have its own tempurature readout.

But yeah - 80ºC-90C is about the point where somebody needs to be worrying; a heatsink would be dislodged or a heatpipe broken. Or the thermal interface wore out.

To reiterate - your tempuratures are perfectly fine.

However, the MacBookPro forum would garner a lot more replies then ours, IMO.

5. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

This reminds me of that video of an egg being cooked on a PowerBook. These things are the best winter pals.

6. eeriephenomenon macrumors member

yeah im reading this and looking at my blackbook running a fever of 88C... ha swine flu?