MacBook Pro 13 Inch 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sdneidich, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sdneidich macrumors member

So how likely is it that Apple scraps a dedicated graphics card in the 13 inch in favor of intel integrated graphics?

And if they do, will the 13 inch macbook pro still be able to run games like Starcraft II?

2. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Unlikely. There isn't enough room. And the Intel IGP is good enough for normal things 13" MBP buyers do.

If you want to play games, get the 15".

3. sdneidich thread starter macrumors member

My problem is that I want the 13 inch for the mobility, but want it to be able to handle the occasional game...

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Maybe a Windows PC is better suited ... I hear they are basically made for gaming.

5. sdneidich thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but most of them are pure ****... And I am not willing to pay lenovo any of my money. (Currently running a "Lenovo" (actually last round made by IBM) T60p with an intel core 2 duo.)

I just can't wrap my head around apple possibly releasing a macbook pro 13 inch that can't do something the current one can. Do you think it might happen? Or maybe they'd stick with the core 2 duo/320M combo?

6. xdbuix macrumors 6502

If you hold out for the eventuality of sandy bridge, sandy bridge is more than capable to play SC2. I'm in the same boat, except I would lean towards the 15". It's more worthwhile in the long run.

7. sdneidich thread starter macrumors member

The Sandy Bridge processors could be the most powerful CPU in the world, but without a good graphics card then the machine won't even be able to run Warcraft III.