Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Srirama

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Chennai
Hello guys,
So my Macbook pro is around a moth old now,and i think it has done around a month old.
I have noticed that battery health is constantly on the decline,it rest at around 95% now.
I.e around 5500mA from the original 5700mA
Also,it trickles down a bit,each time i use it on battery and out it back to charge.
I found mine using coconut battery,also checked with System Profiler,found the information to be accurate.

So please do suggest guys :)

Stvwndr219

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
When did you last calibrate your battery? This seems pretty normal... my battery has 52 cycles and is down to 95% but fluctuates whenever I do the calibration. You are well within the norm for a healthy battery though. :)

Srirama

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Chennai
Yes,I did calibrate it once.
I was just a bit alarmed it was just a steady decline.
So i did some math,and felt that then if this continues,
the battery health would be going down at a very fast rate.
So any advice,on what should I be doing on this present situation?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yes,I did calibrate it once.
I was just a bit alarmed it was just a steady decline.
So i did some math,and felt that then if this continues,
the battery health would be going down at a very fast rate.
So any advice,on what should I be doing on this present situation?
It will not only decline. Over time, it will fluctuate up and down.
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

Srirama

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Chennai
Alright thanks for the information,Yes i did Calibrate my Battery once,that time the battery health went down from 98% to 96%.
So,I'm really not certain of calibrating again,and see my battery health drop once again.
Also,
Im managing only around 6 hrs to 6 1/2hrs,on battery,is that good enough.
I.e
With normal usage.
Downloading torrents,word processing,Firefox with 6-7tabs open.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
And you thought you were bad. :) Just kidding. I have tried everything I can to calibrate the battery but the reading is dropping constantly. I'm not too worried about it.. for now.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 47

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Alright thanks for the information,Yes i did Calibrate my Battery once,that time the battery health went down from 98% to 96%.
So,I'm really not certain of calibrating again,and see my battery health drop once again.
Calibrating won't change your battery's health. It only makes the reporting more accurate. You should calibrate every month or two to keep the reading accurate. If your battery health shows a lower number after calibration, that means the health was already lower, but had been incorrectly reported as a higher number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.