Macbook Pro 13 Inch Burn In Testing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tech324, Apr 17, 2011.

1. tech324 macrumors 6502

I just bought a new Macbook Pro 13inch and I want to make sure the components work fine. Anyone know any good software to test out all the major components? I have ran the yes > /dev/null for over and hour and that seemed fine. Any good software to do a full test? Thanks in advance.

2. Ceebee1980 macrumors regular

All I did was run the 32-bit free GeekBench 2.1, and ran it against all the big numbers. I wanted to make sure mine was performing on par. It's actually even a bit better :D
    The other thing you can do is get gfxcardstatus. I've noticed a couple of things that can make my computer idle hot:

1) Chrome 10. It calls the non-integrated (discrete) GPU into action whenever you open your first Flash web page, and never puts it back to sleep thereafter, until Chrome quit. Google is aware of this and I believe is going to try to fix it for the next update.
    2) Any old PowerPC apps, like my MSWord 2004, seem to do the same GPU callup. Very weird. Even when I quit Microsoft, I guess somehow an autoupdater client in Rosetta stays open unless I forcequit it.

Either way, GFXCardStatus is neat, cuz u can see which card your computer is working on at any time, and force it to pick one or the other.

3. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think gfxstatuscard works for the 13 inch. I only have one video card - Intel HD 3000.

I have ran Geek Bench but I don't see an option to run it for like 24 hours straight. Is there a way to do that?