MacBook Pro 13 Inch Mouse and Keyboard Freeze

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whatthefoxsay, Dec 22, 2013.

1. whatthefoxsay macrumors newbie

Hi all hope you are having a great holiday season,

I bought my macbook in september and am loving it so far. But recently (since around a week ago) my mouse and my keyboard have been freezing up during use and I have to resort to holding the power button until i power down and then manually reboot. This is extremely inconvenient for my job as I work from home sometimes and for school (papers). I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and know of any solutions?

Thanks

2. whatthefoxsay thread starter macrumors newbie

I called apple support and it turns out i have been using too much memory. So I closed down some stuff and so far it's been ok. I'll report back if problems come up again. I may buy more ram.

3. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

4. whatthefoxsay, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

whatthefoxsay thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi diggy thanks for your response.
    No I did not but the mouse has been ok so far since I called them but if it happens again I will download it. Will this download also work for my non-retina MBP?

Edit* Since I responded the freeze occurred again. I am calling Apple Care as I type this. I will update everyone on how it goes.

Edit 2* Basically it was my ram issue I believe. Make sure you shut down your computer to flush your ram people!! Here is an article that I was linked to.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964?viewlocale=en_US

Edit #3: IT WAS NOT MY RAM. The issue happened again after flushing. It was actually me connecting my android phone to my computer via usb cable. Since I have stopped charging my phone with this method, the issue has not happened. Best of luck people.