MacBook Pro 13 inch, Needs replacement LCD display.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JWidders, Mar 4, 2013.

1. JWidders macrumors newbie

It's a little hard typing on it right now as only the left three-eights of the screen is visible. I had my laptop sitting on my bed a good foot from the end and about three inches from the side having set it down to help my 15 year old niece try on a pair of boots, and when she went to stand up in them she knocked it off the bed and it fell and hit the lid of a 2-Liter bottle of Dr. Pepper sitting to the side of the bed and cracked the LCD display pretty good.

I am completely freaking out as this computer isn't officially mine as it belongs to the college/university I am attending until I graduate, and then it becomes mine. The computer is still within it's 1-Year Warranty, as it was purchased around July-August 2012. How much is it going to cost me to have the LCD display replaced?

For reference, here is a picture of the screen. Forgive me for the blurriness of the picture, but I hope you get an idea of the damage from the picture.

[​IMG]

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Unfortunately, I don't think Apple will cover this as it's accidental damage.

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

4. iPhonesandMacs macrumors regular

I see your problem, you are running windows

5. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann