Macbook Pro 13 Inch Photo Editing.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rouxlas, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Rouxlas macrumors newbie

Rouxlas

Hi there, I am going to buy a computer these days and I want your advice. I currently have a very old desktop pc and I am between building a new powerful pc or buy a macbook pro 13 inch. Laptop would be of course very handy because I can take it with me when I am away, and also I can connect it to a bigger and better screen later on. The main use I'll do will be, lightroom, photoshop especially a lot of merging, and finally video. Video which is my biggest concern, I am afraid if it can handle timelapses or short videos of 5-10 minutes during editing. I don't care that much for how long it will do to extract them. Just to be smooth while editing both photos and video. Sorry for the long post, any help will be appreciated.

2. interfreak macrumors regular

interfreak

3. Rouxlas thread starter macrumors newbie

Rouxlas

Thanks for the reply but I would like a bit more detailed experience.

4. newellj macrumors 601

I do some fairly intense Lightroom editing. I use the rMBP and the Mini in my signature below, as well as an OC'd BYO i7 4770K with an SSD, 32GB RAM and a GTX770 (I don't game). What you should consider is that the time necessary to complete sizable file operations is roughly a 1:2.5:5 ratio (BYO 4770K:Mac Mini:rMBP). Suggestion: you might consider the 15", which has a quad core CPU that will speed things up quite a bit.