Macbook pro 13 inch screen issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rgprestige, Aug 10, 2012.

1. rgprestige macrumors newbie

So the lcd in my mid 2009 macbook pro is just about ruined after a TSA agent searched my bag at the airport and did not screw down the lid tight enough on a bottle of cough syrup he "investigated". To say the least, the cough syrup leaked all over my bag and now my screen has a red tint to it. I am looking to buy a replacement LCD screen for this machine, but I am not sure what to buy or where to start. Are all the LCDs for any model macbook pro 13'' the same? Can anyone recommend a good website to order this part from who has had to do an LCD swap in a 13'' macbook pro? I am hoping they syrup just seeped in between the glass panel and the LCD and I can simply pull off the glass panel with a suction cup and clean it, however, my hopes are not high for this. Any help is much appreciated!

RG

2. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

This site sells the 13" MBP screens for $60 (USD). I watched the video and the repair itself doesn't seem too hard, but I probably wouldn't attempt it myself. I would probably go get an estimate from Apple and/or from a repair shop that is certified to fix Apple products before making a decision.

3. rgprestige thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks buddy. Do you or anyone else in here know what the difference between the a1278 and the a1384? I can't seem to tie either one of those model numbers to my serial and I removed the LCD earlier today (really not that hard if anyone is thinking about performing this replacement), but the LCD does not have either of those numbers written on it anywhere. My macbook pro is a 13 inch mid 2009 just to reiterate. So...a1278 or a1384???

4. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

It should be on the bottom of your laptop (see attached photo).

Attached Files:

5. rgprestige thread starter macrumors newbie

The text on the bottom of mine is worn off. Any other way to tell?

6. Stooby Mcdoobie, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

I'm sure there is, but I don't know.

edit: According to the Mactracker app, your model is A1278.

[​IMG]