Macbook Pro 13 inch Shells/Sleeves?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jrv, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Jrv macrumors regular

I'm picking up a 13 inch Macbook Pro for college next week and I'll need some sort of bag/sleeve to carry the laptop in. Any suggestions for some good,(preferably) cheap options?

Also, I'd like to look into some sort of "Shell" to cover the Macbook to prevent scratches and such. I've heard mixed reviews about the "See-Thru" hard shells, so I was wondering if any of you had any experience with them or another similar product that may be better.

Thanks.

2. jesterscourt macrumors regular

As far as the shells, that's completely up to you, I have a snap-on shell on my 13" 2011 MBP and it seems to work fine. Be mindful of dust and so forth, of course.

For neoprene sleeves, I highly recommend be.ez Sleeves, they range $20-30ish on Amazon. I have one, and convinced multiple family members to pick them up as well, and they come in a variety of different color schemes. They have near memory-foam, and yes, they protect those little mishaps you may have ;)

Also, to the next obvious question, my MBP will fit (snugly) in the sleeve with the snap-on case attached.

3. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I use a Speck Black Satin hard case for my 13" MBP, and carry it around in a SwissGear laptop backpack. I have plenty of room for the laptop and accessories (AC adapter and Magic Mouse), along with anything else I need to bring with me that day.

4. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

i have an orange hard shell case from speck that is really good at blocking dents and scratches, i wouldnt trust from a drop though

5. MBP13 macrumors 6502

MBP13

I have a clear Speck hard case shell for my 13" MacBook Pro..Though, my MacBook Pro hasn't been wearing it lately. :p

6. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I have/had Speck clear shells on MBP 13, 15, 17, and MBA 11. They are great, and it's an automatic purchase, now, whenever I purchase a new Mac.

7. thinkinblue613 macrumors 6502

thinkinblue613

Speck SatinSeeThru and Case Logic sleeve have been good to me. There is a HUGE difference in the Satin/Non-Satin Speck See Thru cases. The Satin is smoother, more flexible and feels better IMO.

These accessories are more affordable outside of the Apple store. Amazon usually gives out great deals on that stuff.

8. randomrazr macrumors 65816

did u not bother looking up protection threads for the macbook?

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

10. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

i got this for my sisters Birthday, I would have kept it for myself if I had a 13in.

13in MBP Sleeve

It's nice because you can slip your computer in and then slip them into your backpack. since it opens on the top you can just flip it open and take out the laptop from your backpack, nice and simple, unlike some of those sleeves that zip around that you have to take out and unize remove, rezip etc.

I really like it, I would get one if my MBP and I had not gone commando for 2+ years now :p