MacBook Pro 13 inch with water Damage BUT still functional

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Clesoski, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Clesoski macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I have a 13in MBP with water damage to only the logic board. It is currently functioning and running well. I know that it is only a matter of time until the logic board dies on me. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there in the same predicament that I am currently in and how long their computer lasted after logic board water damage?

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Tek the logic board out and clean it with alcohol, not the beer kind:p

This way you might have lots more time out of it, do it while you can, guides can be found on iFixit to disassemble and reassemble it again.

3. itsthamessenger, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

itsthamessenger macrumors newbie

itsthamessenger

ok i have a 15" mid 2009 that was literally baptized for about 4 minutes. completely submerged. i used this computer (and still do at times) for about 1.5 years before it even really started to show signs. just recently, lets say within the past 8 months, it shuts off randomly, im still not sure whats actually causing it. hardware test says a sensor is messed up.

have u ran the apple hardware test?

BTW: when this incident happened, i took the back case off the macbook and left it for 30 days before applying power to it again. i never removed the logic board, just cleaned the exposed side, kind of nervous about removing it! after the time passed, it booted right up!

4. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I had my son spill about two cups full of water into my 2009 unibody MBP. I unplugged it, look the battery out and let it drain/dry for a week before attempting to turn it on the 1st time - no luck. Another week - no luck. Wrote it off and was about to buy a new one, tried one more time(4 weeks total), and it worked just fine. It has been working flawlessly for the last year now.

But then again, it looks like it might be only another couple of months before I start experiencing what itsthamessenger is experiencing.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Actually Everclear would work lol. So gross.

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Had to look it up, yeah, 95% might work.:D
    (Still contains water though)