Macbook Pro 13" issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dan iel, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dan iel macrumors newbie

Hi, I bought a macbook pro 13 inch tonight at PC world and am now in a bit of a pickle.

When I bought it, the sales assistant said he had to go grab it from the warehouse and would take 5-10 minutes. He came back and said that the product had been opened, but didn't really make a big deal about it. (Big mistake on my part). I decided to buy it anyway because it was the last one and it was late.

I got home and when I booted it up, it had already been charged to about 75% and there was an account on there already. The account is under a name (Employee perhaps?) with a password. The only other option was a guest account to log into. I tried that but I couldn't really do anything because I needed the admin password.

I am now in the process of reinstalling the operating system and hopefully can create a new account.

My question is though, is it worth taking this back? What exactly was someone doing on it before hand? The computer and cables are all in perfect condition with no smearing.

Great first mac experience, oh and my poor wallet. :(

2. SanJacinto macrumors regular

SanJacinto

To be honest, bring it back and get a new one.
    You pay a lot of money and you deserve something new when paying the full price.

My case is not comparable but when I got my Macbook Pro back in Summer 2011, the packaging was also opened (got it directly from Apple). My machine had 1 Battery cycle.

I don't think, that my Macbook was used, because production date and arrival date were too close. Maybe it was a quality check or something similar.
    But sometimes it bothers me.

So my advice: Get a new one. You'll be much happier.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I would take it back and ask for an "open box" discount or an exchange for a new unopened one.

With an OS re-install you wouldn't have any problems but it's just bad business.