MacBook Pro 13" just bricked...?..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nateo200, Nov 7, 2011.

1. nateo200, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011

nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Observe the battery icon in the corner. It has an x through it. When you click it says "Battery not available" yet it runs off the battery. It will not accept the wall charger and the fans are blaring at what has to be no less than 6500RPMs... WTF. I was just watching the latest episode of House MD in VLC and my computer just shut off instantly...what on Gods green earth is going on here?! :O it's a 2010 MacBook pro 13". I don't feel like exploratory surgery today....

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2266741?start=0&tstart=0
    Same problem as this guy...need my MacBook Pro up stat for about 4 different important things... :(

2. nateo200, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Prefer not to? Forums are easier to deal with and if no one can figure it out on here then yes that's the next step but I'm sure I'm not the only one to ask for help here...

EDIT: Don't have apple care so they basically refused to help... I'm not paying for it either I'm sure someone else has had this issue and it can be diagnosed and fixed.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What year MacBook? Might need a new battery but best to simply make a Genius appointment.

4. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

It's a 2010, I put it in the OP. and I would make a genius appointment but traveling is sort of difficult in my current state. I just want some advice...surely you don't need an apple tech. to diagnose this? :O

5. IllIllIll, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

6. nateo200, Nov 7, 2011

nateo200

Yes I did google it and I tried the suggestions but to no avail...and I don't need things "spoon fed", I figured after I Googled it and tried the suggestions I would ask on the community here... My MacBook Pro is my only computer right now (i had to upload the video using my sisters laptop which does not run on battery, only wall power). I only say I can't make it to a genius appointment because I am disabled.

7. IllIllIll, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011

IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

First, you never mentioned that you did a search beforehand, and only now you edited your original post to reflect that - so how do you expect anyone to know that?

8. iMattt macrumors newbie

9. nateo200, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011

nateo200

I edited my original post to put a video in with more details...

Thanks! I remember phone support in the past having me do this I just could not recall the specific name of it...Ill give it a try and hopefully be posting on my mac!

10. nateo200, Nov 7, 2011

nateo200

Alright thanks iMatt! I tried it and it didn't work the first time so I gave it a shot again and my fans are normal, battery is normal, but the wall charger will not function? Just restarted again and no luck? Any advice or should I just keep at it?

EDIT: Magsafe still won't turn on or charge my battery at all...not sure what to do. I've reset the SMC 3 times now and followed all of Apple's advice...

----------

Bump - Anyone..?..Ive checked Apples support website and nothing seams to help :( I really need my MacBook up and running..Ive got school work to do. Will they let someone else bring in your MacBook? just curious...really need advise now..

11. iMattt macrumors newbie

i would say someone else could take it in for you i dont think it would really matter. you could always call the nearest apple store and ask them. sorry im not sure what else to tell you im just starting to learn how to fix problems on Macs

12. snaky69 macrumors 603

Have you thought that your charger might simply be dead? It happens more often than you'd think. Try another known good charger if a friend of yours has a MBP.