Macbook Pro 13" Keyboard Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dman777, Jun 25, 2009.

1. dman777 macrumors newbie

I am thinking about buying a Macbook pr 13". But I am concerned about they keys. Specifically the arrow keys. Those are the keys I use the most. I tried them at the store and they seem a little bit on the small side. But my biggest concern is how they will hold up with wear and tear. Will they loose their firmness and become worn out with in a year? And what about tilting? I heard some stories about the keys that become 'tilted'. To me this sounds like a key that is tilted looses it's firmness and gives less feedback. Will I have this problem?

2. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I've used the recent aluminum full keyboard (same style) and it still works great. I am currently typing on my MBP13 and can say that it will also hold up.

I was skeptical at first about the smaller arrow keys but use them so rarely that I don't notice.

3. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

I was suprised how well my old uMB keyboard held up for the time i had it. The keys were fresh throughout the whole time.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I find the keyboard/keys to be very sturdy- much more sturdy than the "classic" MBPs. I'm not a gentle typer either.

5. will0407 macrumors 6502a

I'd agree with the above posts. After using my girlfriend's uMB and now having a 13" MBP myself, I'd say the keyboard has more of a rigid feel to it. The keys also feel a little different, can't how, but in a nice way!