Macbook Pro 13" Keyboard Replacement - Now No Power

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgulls, Jan 20, 2015.

1. mgulls macrumors newbie

Hello -

I used to post here probably 5-6 years ago but have since lost my account (or I can't remember at least) since I've been lurking since. So I made a new account.

I have a 13" MacBook Pro that I replaced the keyboard on today after the spacebar stopped working. Now I am getting no power on the machine at all including indictor lights or charging. I've tried resetting the SMC which brought up the charging indicator on the MagSafe adaptor for a moment but nothing on the actual computer.

I'm really at the end of what I can find online to be the issue and I was hoping someone here would have an idea. The computer was working fine besides the keyboard problem before.

I bought this keyboard: http://www.amazon.com/Macbook-Pro-keyboard-assembly-A1278/dp/B0065UZMJ8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I followed this tutorial: http://www.insidemylaptop.com/replacing-keyboard-on-macbook-pro-13-inch-late-2011-laptop/

Here are photos of the machine as of now:

Overall:
    [​IMG]

Keyboard connectors:
    [​IMG]

Power connectors:
    [​IMG]

The keyboard ribbon (the blue seems odd but I guess that's right?):
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have any ideas? I would be really appreciative!

(I'm about to go to bed but I will check back in the morning/tomorrow to give more information if needed.)

:(

2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

In your last photo, should that ribbon with the blue strip not be tucked under the connector next to it? The long strip with the line of pins visible is the one I mean.

3. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Absolutely no idea of what it does, but that brown connector really doesn't look correctly seated...

[​IMG]

EDIT: and what fat jez said.

4. mgulls thread starter macrumors newbie

I reseated the brown connector with no luck.

The last photo of the ribbon I was just showing which side was going into the connector on the logic board.

I tried this morning to connect the original keyboard to the logic board without reseating everything but still no luck.

I guess what I'm confused about is if something happened to the logic board during the repair (which I can't think what) then I would think there would at least be power?
    Thanks for the help!