macbook pro 13" late 2011 battery concerns

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nannan, May 24, 2012.

1. nannan macrumors newbie

Its been about two months since i bought my macbook pro i downloaded istat today and it says my battery health is only at 91%, i doubt this is normal.

My system report

Charge Information:
    Charge Remaining (mAh): 5224
    Fully Charged: Yes
    Charging: No
    Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5224
    Health Information:
    Cycle Count: 22
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 261
    Voltage (mV): 12555

Is there a problem with my battery? Did the salesman rob me? Do I need to send it back?

2. nannan thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? But my sis got hers around the same time and her full charge capacity is still at 5800... that is why i think maybe there is a problem with my battery? :(

3. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

It's fine. What would the saleman tell you? It's working as it should. Use it and be happy.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

That's only a slight difference, and differing usage could explain that. Does your sister have the same model you do? The 15" and 17" models have higher capacity batteries in them.

5. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

There are many variables that would explain the difference between the two MacBooks such as amount of usage, charging patterns and if you use the machine plugged in or not.
    As it says your battery health is normal, don't worry about it and enjoy.

6. nannan thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for all the replies, yes i think i should just relax and enjoy my mac now :rolleyes:

7. andyhe macrumors newbie

A tip for maintaining your battery:

Do a full cycle once every week or bi-week if you can, which means you need drain your battery, and do a full charge.

I got my MBP last July/Aug. I have 56 cycles with 100% battery health.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That is absolutely unnecessary. Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug at any time, regardless of the charged percentage. Just make sure you don't run on AC power all the time, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: