Macbook Pro 13" LCD screen case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxeyy, Nov 27, 2009.

1. maxeyy macrumors newbie

Hey,

The aluminum case of my screen has some serious scratches and some dings...had an accident yesterday!!

I am really annoyed by that!!! :(

Does anyone have any ideas where to get a new screen casing, or maybe something to get rid of the scratches?

Thanks a lot,

Max

2. pdxshad macrumors newbie

bounce, bounce, bounce down the stairs went my MBP 13"

Picked the perfect new carry on luggage with laptop compartment, proudly packed, and headed for the stairs, forgetting to zip the laptop compartment. MPB 13 slides out and bounces down every (carpeted) stair, crashing against the front door before coming to rest.

Picked it up, opened lid, and downloaded a few more emails before heading to the airport to catch my flight.

Yes, it's scratched and a little dinged, but this bad boy still works. Surface scuffs and marks I've found a bit of careful wiping with a cloth dampened with a bit of that alcohol hand wipe stuff does the trick -- outside case only.

Rest of the scratches and dings, I really don't care. it still works, and that's good enough for me!! It's better built than my previous laptop the macbook air, which, when dropped, the screen and computer casing bent, and had to be tweaked back to shape with pliers. No 'mental' or screen damage there either. Internals are quite well protected it seems. Thanks Apple!

Sure, I probably won't get admiring glances from the so-called geniuses if I take the thing in if I need a repair. But I've never actually had to use a warranty with an apple except for the iphone, so not concerned about that. I'll sell it for a discount some day, and get a nice shiny new one.

3. DKatri macrumors 6502

cover it stickers :)
    then nobody will notice any of the scratches or dents