Macbook Pro 13" mid 2009 - broken

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by murek, Nov 22, 2009.

1. murek macrumors newbie

HI, i new here and i want to ask something, how much can I ask for a broken macbook pro 13" with only broken logic board, everything else working good. its a standard pro 13" model, 2,26, 160gb, 2gb ram, etc

that was water damage, not on the keyboard (top case was closed) but from the botton, i think from the rj-45 socket. i know that everything else working fine cuz mbp was in apple authorized service and they told me that

do u know how much i can get for it?

2. superatombomb macrumors member

superatombomb

even though its not covered by warranty, just get it fixed by apple. It's not too expensive.

3. murek thread starter macrumors newbie

i prefer to sell it

4. caonimadebi macrumors regular

Has Apple already declared your MBP a water-damaged dud and refused to repair it? If not it wouldn't hurt to take it to Apple, not say a thing about the water damage, and cross your fingers that no water sensor has been tripped off.
    Dead logic board is a BIG deal and it's unlikely you'll get more than the price for scrap aluminum if you don't fix it.
    Edit: oh never mind you already took it to authorized repair center. You should try an Apple Store and hope that the new technician doesn't discover the damage.