MacBook Pro 13" - noise level/temperature?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marXman, Jun 10, 2009.

1. marXman macrumors newbie

I'm planning an upgrade from a 12-inch Powerbook, and I'm really close to buying the new 13" MBP, but I haven't seen much feedback on the noise level on these machines, and what the temperature I should expect under normal use.

Can any of you lucky ones who already received your new MacBooks care to give me a few hints?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Most likely the same as the outgoing Macbook model.

It's virtually silent under normal use, the fan idle spins ~2000rpm, but will kick up once CPU temps get around mid-70C.

Temps, its warm, but cooler than my iBook or a plastic Macbook. I've been surfing around on here for the past couple hours, bottom of the computer on my couch, and my temps are:

CPU: 48C
    Case Bottom: 34C
    GPU: 43C
    HDD: 37C

It's about 72F (23C) ambient in the apartment.

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i remember it would heat up so badly and the fans going crazy with my 2.4 unibody macbook when i would play online poker on facebook and run anything flash based...period. it was the most annoying feature about using anything flash on a mac. they (adobe) need to fix this...

4. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

How did you get the temp of the GPU? I dont have it in my iStat pro?

5. cu2010 macrumors 6502

It had been so quiet that I even worried that fans were not working properly. But after 18 days I've begun to notice fan or electronic noise when the fan speed is below 2000 rpm. It's still virtually silent and the noise seems to be perfectly natural, but why now?

6. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*