MacBook Pro 13" Non Touch Bar, Squeaks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by catmonkey, Nov 23, 2016.

1. catmonkey macrumors member

Hello all,

I've been spending far too much time in iPad/iPhone/iOS forums on here since I ditched my previous 13" MacBook Pro for an iPad Pro 12.9. Yesterday I took the plunge again and got myself a Space Grey non touch bar (should have checked how you all abbreviate it!) MacBook Pro - it arrived today and the first thing I thought and told those who were interested was "It is so sharp and mechanically precise it's unreal until you see and feel it in person". I think the keyboard appearance and feel goes a long way to create that impression.

Anyway

The first time off power, walking down the stairs with it open I noticed a squeaking noise. I began prodding the bottom panel under the logic board and notice it's continuously replicable by just lightly pressing on the bottom.

It's not the fan, so is it depressing on the logic board and creating a strange electrical whine or what? It doesn't effect the machine at all as far as I can tell so this isn't a complaint - it's just me reaching out to see if anyone else has noticed?

Tried searching first to see if there was already a thread, couldn't find one.

Thanks,

Mike

2. catmonkey thread starter macrumors member

No, definitely different. It happens when on or off and only happens when depressing the bottom to the right just under the writing and symbols.

It almost sounds like your pushing air out of the base, but is a definite squeak.

3. bluush macrumors 6502

Battery on this thing is a beast. Haven't charged since last night around 8pm and right now I'm sitting at 77% with 9:53 of battery time remaining.

4. person123 macrumors member

How is your battery stacking up now? I have the NTB and I feel the battery is not how it should be