Macbook pro 13'' not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benzema, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Benzema macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have a problem on my macbook pro 13'' 2011 early.
    Today when charging the amperage be negative. I'm nothing to do any thing that about -200mA when open app up to -2000mA when I charging
    while plugged in, the battery charge indicator will begin dropping from 100% what wrong to my macbook.

How to fix it or I should change magsafe from 60w to 85w ?
    but I not sure that work.

I try to SMC reset and then not work.

I hope someone to know about that what can I do to make it normal ?
    when I run bootcamp with plugged in and run some app, the battery charge indicator will begin dropping. I think it not enougth power from Magsafe 60w or other problem with my macbook pro?

Sorry for my english is not good

http://image.ohozaa.com/view2/wY38DYO43x6YMKM8

2. alex0002 macrumors 6502

For some reason I'm having problems loading the image.
    I guess that site is in Thailand?

In any case, a 60W magsafe should work with any 13" Macbook pro.
    If it doesn't it means faulty Macbook or faulty Magsafe.

You shouldn't need to use the 85W.

Perhaps you need to test with another magsafe to determine which is the problem.
    Is the LED on the magsafe Orange, Green or does it not light up at all?

Troubleshooting guide here:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1713

3. Benzema thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your answer, LED on my magsafe when fully charging (100%) is green but when open more application that change to orange with 100% and drain my battery, this is like under heavy load not enough power I'm not sure when charging the normal number of amperage at Power system report
    should to be? I'm just 1500mA when charging without application use.

This is image.

https://discussions.apple.com/servl...5122/Screen+Shot+2013-07-19+at+2.06.04+PM.png

4. alex0002 macrumors 6502

If you started a thread on apple discussions, it would be good to have a link so we can see the posts there, so we don't suggest the same things you already tried.

Do you know what is the total load from the Macbook pro when running applications? When you are just running just on battery, you should see the amperage then.

If you take that total and subtract the 200mA (or whatever the number you see when the charger is plugged in) then that should give you an estimate of the current delivered from the charger.

You could have a faulty charger or maybe the DC cable is getting worn and it can't deliver the full load... as mentioned, the best way is to compare with a known good one.

5. Benzema thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for answer.