Macbook Pro 13" Now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by turtlemac, Nov 27, 2009.

1. turtlemac macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

So i have decided to get the higher end MBP 13" and my question is should i buy it now or wait for the latest update? Because i went looking around the forum and saw some posts which states that the MBP 13" updates will most likely be speed bumps only? And it will still be using C2D and not Arrandale?

So waiting for the update for the 13" is not really necessary unless i really want to wait?

And will the update most likely take place in January or February? Or probably even March?

Because as of now i'm currently prepared to buy the higher end 13" MBP as my school will commence in February.

Another question, for a student, what accessories should i purchase my MBP together with? Screen protector? Case? Mouse? Anything else?

Thanks for all your help.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I highly doubt and will say that you won't see Arrandale chips in a Jan release MBP. If you need now buy now. If you can wait until school commences buy then.

Screen protector? You don't normally touch the screen so ditch that and buy a box of rubbers. I mean, proving you're of consenting age and all. IE: Please don't call Chris Hansen on me.

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I'd say way until the last possible moment you can, just in case.

And you might want to purchase a case for it...but the other things are pretty much optional, (except if you're going to be doing graphic design or something, then you would want a nice mouse.)

4. ttran88 macrumors regular

the macbook pro 13 inch is a great choice! i'm very anal about protecting my macbook pro so I have an ZAGG invisibleshield to protect it from any scratches and without putting on the bulk from a regular case. Also, I don't like my keyboards getting oily and in the future, fading letters and discolored black keys, so I have a keyboard protector from KB Covers. Very Thin. Also, I hate knowing my screen is vulnerable to everything, dust, fingerprints etc, so I have an iVisor which is great because it reduces some glare and gives me peace of mind. Anyways, goodluck with your purchase.

5. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

So you pay for nice materials just to touch plastic protective covers.

6. ttran88 macrumors regular

No, I just take care of my things

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I just keep a couple clean microfibers and wipe the keyboard before I close the lid each time.