Macbook Pro 13" Optoma HD65 Setup Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrKay, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MrKay macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

has anyone got this projector am trying to set it up to get the best picture on vlc player playing 720p blu ray movies from hard drive. I bought a mini display port to vga adapter from apple but cant get the picture like this guy here's the link

http://www.widescreengamingforum.co...sid=b3d7d1c81fe09dcc9a5ff060dba2fda4&start=30

His using ffdshow which i cant find it for mac the pictures his got looks amazing am new to the projector scene could any one please help me thanks

2. grahamcracker macrumors newbie

grahamcracker

you need to use hdmi cable and get a mini display that goes straight to hdmi. Dont use any vga, dvi or any other stuff like that, doesn't have the quality of hdmi. You can get the cables online for cheap as well

3. MrKay thread starter macrumors newbie

@grahamcracker

Thanks for your reply am going to apple store to exchange my mini display port to vga adapter one more thing since i have the macbook pro 13" mid 2009 model the sound will not come out through hdmi but can i still get it out the head phones thanks again

4. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yes, sound will not go through HDMI, but it will go out the MBP speakers, or if you plug a set of headphones or a adapter to your stereo into the headphone port, sound will work.

5. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

you can use the mini dvi to dvi and get a dvi to hdmi adapter as dvi is compatible with hdmi also

6. grahamcracker macrumors newbie

grahamcracker

yes it's compatible but it's inferior to hdmi and picture clarity is going to be lost going through the different various adapters

7. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

to some it might be inferior but to my eyes i cant tell a difference with my mini and i stand corrected thou as he has a macbook he might not have the mini dvi thou so the mini display port to dvi or your suggestion with a mini display port to hdmi adapter

8. MrKay thread starter macrumors newbie

@ouimetnick,@ljonesj,@grahamcracker

thanks guy's for your reply

has anyone have this projector if so can you please tell me your set up to get the best color out of it is there anything better then vlc player that i can control the picture color thanks

9. jobespierre macrumors newbie

Hi.

I have had my macbook pro connected to my Optoma HD65 projector via the DVI out using a DVI to HDMI cable for over a year, without any problems.

Recently I connected my macbook again to the projector cable, but when it detected the external display, it recognized it as a VGA display. By the looks of the desktop background I saw when in mirror mode, I think the macbook thinks it is connected to my TV.

previous to the occurrence of the problem I had connected my MBP to my TV and it went into sleep mode and while sleeping I disconnected the DVI to VGA display adapter.

I read on various fora that this was bad for your MBP and I did a SMC reset and a Pro RAM reset. This did not work.

Then I did a full format of my HD and a clean install of OSX. This did not fix the problem, it still thinks a VGA display is connected when i hook up my projector.

please help!!