Macbook Pro 13" or 12" Macbook? I can't wait until OCT!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjjoseph, Sep 21, 2016.

1. jjjoseph macrumors 6502

Hello All.

I waited like everyone else for a new Laptop from APPLE, so here I am still in need of one. I am seeing some prices of the 2016 Macbook Retina that I like, so I am debating pulling the trigger. I am going to go to the mac store today and type on one and see if I had handle this keyboard. My hands are normal size, but i have big fingers. I have needed a new laptop for writing, emails and general stuff for a while, and I am getting frustrated typing on my iPhone. I have looked at 13" and 15" new and used, but I hate buying over priced outdated technology. Which is all the offerings out there for Macbook Pros.

I like the fact that the Macbook has a cooler Processor, and supposedly runs cool to the touch, I always like being able to type on my leg. I had a 15" years ago that would burn the crap outta me and I had to type on a pillow.

I like the size and weight, I don't like having to carry a laptop in my bag that weights me down, that is why I was looking at the 13" Also I feel like my older heavier laptops when they fell took a beating just because they had so much internal weight, it caused a much larger collision with the floor.

I also like the fact that this is Apples Last Laptop release, so I am not buying 4 year old technology only 2!!

What I don't like.

Having to buy this USB-C dock, http://caldigit.com/usb-3-1-usb-c-dock/ And the fact that the USB-C is not Thunderbolt, and their is only one port.

The Price, it is a big much, but the screen seems amazing.

The APPLE dilemma, they are so ***** secret about everything, but what if APPLE releases a new Macbook in OCT with two thunderbolt 3 ports!!

Anyway, I get scared buying anything over $500, and I fear I might get some buyers remorse since I will be ordering it online.

If anyone out there had the same fears as me, but went for it anyway, I would love to hear about it.

Thank You!!

2. Stow macrumors member

I am in the same boat, I just bought one and really like it but it is the same price as the pro and dont know which is best. I also like you said dont want to buy old tech at a premium. The only thing I am worried about is the processor when I am compile xcode for iOS development. I dont currently know enough about xcode as I am new to it, so I cant really test it out and put the processor through its paces until I do.

3. jjjoseph thread starter macrumors 6502

I think these processors are pretty amazing, I did some research a while back when I was trying to figure out if the A10 would be usable as a laptop main computer replacement and the intel chips like the Core m3-6Y30, actually won all the watt to Performance tests i found. I think these processors with the turbo boost are actually pretty amazing. Anyone can slam a bunch of watts into a chip and make it run faster and way way hotter, but these chips seem well executed. I think dedicated compiling gpu or cpu, is in a diff league, but I doubt these chips will differ so dramatically from the main intel line that you can't get legitimate work done.