Macbook pro 13 or 15" for my workload

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JeroenDebruyne, Nov 3, 2017.

1. JeroenDebruyne macrumors member

Hey,

I just can not decide if I want to order the 13 or 15" for the following workload:

- Alot of emails
    - Remote support either with teamviewer or Kaseya .
    - Bootcamp or VM for windows 10
    - Need one external 4K monitor as it will be used as main machine.
    - Photoshop & webdesign coding
    - Will be used 70% of the time at the office 30% of time at clients

I just can not decide and leaning more towards the 13" , I think it can handle this workload more than fine.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Either of them will handle the work fine, the 15" arguably will handle it better.

Assuming budget wasn't an issue, just pin it down to use. If it was your only computer, I'd recommend the 15" as it's a more comfortable size to use daily. If you're using it as a portable option, the 13" is usually the better buy.

The 15" is a better computer is pretty much every category, so if budget wasn't a concern there's no reason not to get that one. If you're trying to save money, the 13" will also be absolutely fine for you, it's not like PS and emails are particularly demanding unless you're doing serious niche stuff - in which case I'd imagine you wouldn't be asking this question.

3. eddjedi macrumors 6502

If you need to do any work on the go, the 13" is a better choice. In my experience a 15" laptop simply doesn't fit on plane/train tables.

4. leman macrumors G3

Both will do fine, no reason to get a 15" here in my opinion. I'd get a 13" + a USB-C monitor for the office.