Macbook pro 13 or 15

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joesruddock, Sep 1, 2010.

1. joesruddock macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I am going to be using this laptop for design. I will be running software such as Adobe CS5 etc, the usual designer software.

I know there is a difference in the specs and screen size. But is it worth the extra £500?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

I always prefer small laptops, 15" is really heavy to carry around. But for graphic design you might need a larger screen, think about if you are going to work at home or not. In this case you still have the possibility to plug a 24 or 27 inchers on it.

3. joesruddock thread starter macrumors newbie

yh, thats a good idea... would the resolution on the 13" be ok on a larger screen?

Also would the 13" cope with demanding software packages?

Thanks for all the help.

4. Theteapartyvip macrumors newbie

5. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

the external monitor resolution has nothing to do with the build in screens resolution the new macbook pro no matter which one can power external a resolution up to 2560x1600
    the important thing is the graphics card inside and the 15" has a better graphics card ,330m and comes with a the new i5 and i7 processors while the 13" still has the core 2 duo and 320m , not to mention that you get a much higher resolution on the 15" internal display
    so if you really intend to WORK on the laptop the 15" is the better choice , but if you only do presentations sometimes or render some holiday picture then the 13" will be sufficient enough

its not only the question if you can live with a smaller screen , its ... can you live with a slower processor and slower graphics too
    and that answer nobody can give you really , thats something you have to answer yourself ,but if you dont have a main computer then the 15" is certainly the better one

6. yoyomaster macrumors regular

I disagree here, the 15" mbp is really not that heavy. It is very portable and has a dedicated graphics card.