Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan73

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
Well the difference in resolution between the 15" and 13" isn't massive. If the 15" was 1680x1050 then it would be much better.

But if you're really serious about editing then a 1980x1200, 2560x1600 (+ a multiscreen set up) would make it much more enjoyable!

Also... what the hell is a badboy pro? I lol'd. :rolleyes:

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Also... what the hell is a badboy pro?
Apparently, some 12-13 year old males decide to name their computer with ridiculously stupid names, and then decide that at every available opportunity, that they would point out their flipping stupid name to everyone in the forum.

I would go with the 13" for portability and then get an external monitor to use when at home.

-Benjamin

DaReaper

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2008
Apparently, some 12-13 year old males decide to name their computer with ridiculously stupid names, and then decide that at every available opportunity, that they would point out their flipping stupid name to everyone in the forum.

I would go with the 13" for portability and then get an external monitor to use when at home.

-Benjamin

Lol

HaXoR7Om

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2010
United Kingdom

-Benjamin

lolz, let the kiddies have their fun they can personify their macbook into an imaginary friend if they wish lolz :D

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2009
If I didn't play games on mine I would have probably gone with the 13" for portability.

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
I'm torn between a MBP 13" and 15". I like the size of the 13" for travel. I plan on running Visual Studio (via parallels) and XCode so I'm concerned about the screen size on the 13" will be too limiting for development purposes. I'm looking for advice/opinions/experience on using a 13" and dev tools like the ones I mentioned.

If you're concerned with screen real-estate, get the 15." They're not too heavy and you'll be glad you have the larger screen.

Habitus :apple:

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
Stick with the 15" BadBoy Pro if you're interested in extending the lifetime of your hardware investment (e.g. future-proofing).

Seriously where is the ignore button?

-Benjamin

I agree. The 15" cannot compete with a nice Dell Ultrasharp or HP LP series 24"; both should be attainable for less than the $500 difference.

Romeo.Echo.Yank

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
I had a 15" till about 4 months ago. When it was time for me to get the unibody I opted for the 13 and would never go back. Much easier to handle and manipulate. I do travel some and the 13" is much easier to deal with, also just downstairs on the couch.

I would only buy a 15 if your going to treat it as a desktop.

My opinions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.